Aiming to offer its customers convenience and enhanced security in performing electronic transactions via 1bank, Bank of Cyprus is launching a new Digipass “soft” device, the “SMS Digipass.”
Using a One Time Password (OTP) on your mobile phone you can easily and conveniently verify the authenticity of money transactions which you perform through any of the 1bank channels. With the SMS Digipass, an OTP is generated specifically for each of your transactions, taking into consideration basic transaction data, such as: the type of transaction, the beneficiary’s account, the currency, the amount etc.
More specifically, following purchase and activation of your SMS Digipass, upon submitting each of your transactions through any of the 1bank channels, if the transaction requires the usage of an OTP, you will receive an SMS message on your mobile phone number (the phone which is maintained in the Bank's records). The message contains the OTP and the basic data of the transaction (the basic data is proof that the OTP you have received is associated to your transaction). You must then enter this OTP in your transaction, to complete it.
Note: Due to the message sent per OTP is done via SMS, in the event the Bank does not maintain the correct mobile phone, you should arrange to correct it through any Bank Branch, by calling the Call Centre or through the Internet and Mobile Banking (the transaction requires the use of Digipass).
- It is used for money transactions (transfers, payments etc.) in combination with your User ID and Passcode. Cannot be used for login to 1bank Internet or Mobile banking or for instructions sent by fax.
- The OTP provided is unique per transaction and is generated by taking into consideration basic transaction data, which offers enhanced security for your transactions through 1bank.
- Due to the enhanced security it offers, if you apply for an SMS Digipass through a paper application, you will benefit from higher daily transaction limits.
- The OTP is sent via sms to your mobile phone number which is maintained in the Bank's records. Therefore, you are not required to carry with you any specific device as with conventional hardware Digipass.
- Beyond the ease of use, the new Digipass does not require replacement due to battery depletion or deterioration/damage of the display etc., as with conventional Digipass.
- For the purchase cost, refer to the Bank’s Table of Commissions and Charges.
- To benefit from the increased daily transaction limits proceed with a paper application for an SMS Digipass
- For the application, click here
Alternatively, you can apply through 1bank Internet or Mobile Banking, via option «Settings > Digipass Management > Apply for New». The option is available provided you already have a Digipass assigned to your current subscription. With the purchase of a new SMS Digipass via Internet or Mobile Banking, your access rights and your maximum daily transaction limits will not change. Should you wish to change your transaction limits, you need to submit a paper application form.
Note: If you already own an SMS Digipass which is assigned for use to any of your other subscriptions, you do not need to purchase an additional Digipass. You may assign the same SMS Digipass for use to your current subscription, either by contacting the Call Centre at 800 00 800 or + 357 22 128000 (if calling from abroad), Monday – Friday, 7:45 – 20:00, Saturday and Sunday 8:30 until 20:00, or through 1bank Internet or Mobile Banking via option ‘Settings > Digipass Management > Activate / Switch Usage’.
To Activate the SMS Digipass and be able to use it as default to your subscription, contact the Call Centre at 800 00 800 or + 357 22 128000 (if calling from abroad), Monday – Friday, 7:45 – 20:00, Saturday and Sunday 8:30 until 20:00.
Alternatively, if the purchase is done through 1bank Internet or Mobile Banking, you can proceed with activating the Digipass via option ‘Settings > Digipass Management > Activate / Switch Usage’.
Note: Once you purchase and activate an SMS Digipass, it automatically becomes the default for your current subscription. At anytime, you can request to switch to another Digipass you own. You can do this either by contacting the Call Centre or via 1bank Internet or Mobile Banking, via the option ‘Settings > Digipass Management > Activate / Switch Usage’. Existing access and daily transaction limits applicable to your subscription will not change.
- Connect to 1bank via Internet or Μobile Banking, complete your transaction and click on “Submit” or, if you wish to perform a transaction through the Call Centre, provide the details to the call centre agent.
- The system will ask you for a Digipass code (where required, e.g. if the transfer concerns transfers to third parties)
- You will receive an SMS message on your mobile phone number which will include the OTP and the basic transaction data.
- Enter the OTP on your screen and click on Confirm, or provide the OTP to the agent if the transaction is executed via the Call Centre.
- Repeat this process each time you carry out a new transaction.
For the demo video, click below
For more details about the use of SMS Digipass, refer to the SMS Digipass User Manual.
- 800 00 800
- Calling from abroad +357-22128000
- Service hours
- Monday to Friday, 07:45 until 20:00
- Saturday and Sunday 8:30 until 20:00